Playstation Nintendo Android News Twitch

27 September 2018

I fixed my Nintendo Switch Joycon drifting Issue

Remember my last few post that my One year old Nintendo Switch Joycon is drifting by itself? Well I tried numerous fix without removing the hardware but it is proven useless.

Cleaning Joycon Analogue Joystick DO NOT WORK!!

Here is the faulty analogue stick which I removed during replacement.


You may notice the dust is on the cover, if dust is the cause, cleaning would work right? Apparently even if you clean the dust, you notice it is on the outside. How would that stop the joycon from drifting.

There I was without remove the hardware believing it could work (after all it is the most easy way).

The two choices I have is the following

BUY a NEW JOYCON or Get the component and fix it yourself!

Weighting the cost that a pair of Joycon cost around $100 SGD, it would be way cheaper to D.I.Y to get that analogue component to replace. After all, there are a couple of video of people showing how to remove part of controller (most just skip some steps) to get it fix.

I did google and order the OEM analogue stick and am adventurous to replace the part. After all what would be the worst case? Replace the whole joycon since it is faulty and out of warranty.



Now if you really intend to do that, you need to some research to get the right tools. Google "Joycon tool" and you can easy get what you need.

The replacement took just 30 minutes max and after the replacement, you have to do a calibration of the joycon in Nintendo Switch to get it done.

The result, no more drifting!!

On the side note, I think this is more of design and quality issue of the Joycon. With my experience of Sony PSP and PS4, never have I seen controller having such issue.

Some may say because it is a portable console but I hardly bring it out. It is more like a home console.

I foresee that this is a common issue that sooner or later Nintendo switch owner will experience that. When the time come to them, it is really do they want to get another pair of Joycon or get it fixed.

When that time come, you make the choice.

PS: This is just a sharing of my experience and in no way recommend any product or source to get the part as this is not a paid post. So you have to google and find your own way. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment