Playstation Nintendo Android News Twitch

26 September 2018

Ghostbusters World Day 1 Review

I downloaded the new Ghostbusters World on my Android device and being playing it for 1 whole day. So here is my Day 1 experience and review.


Ghostbusters world is like Pokemon Go?
When I first read about the game description and the screenshot of the game, I am given an impression this is very similar like PokemonGo but it turn out to be rather different.
Is different a good thing?

Well I guess it depend if you l Ghostbusters World is not really for a game on the Go.
Compare to PokemonGo where Pokemon appear and when you tab on the Pokemon, you will go in to catch mode almost instantly without much loading time. All you need to do is to feed berry or just aim and throw your Pokeball. Within 15 seconds or less you would have caught a Pokemon.

While there are numerous encounter of Ghost in Ghostbusters World, getting one would take up close to 1 minutes to 4 minutes of your time.
  1. There is a time limit during your catch mode.
  2. You must move your phone to aim to blast your beam to weaken the Ghost while it do the peek-a-boo with you. You will certainly give the people around you the impression that you are taking photo with your handphone when you play the game. (There is no other option I know for now how to play without moving the phone around).
  3. Some Ghost are more difficult that you have to upgrade your weapons to cut short the time to catch them to reach the timer.
  4. The Ghost will attack you and you have to be fast in avoiding it's attack. Every hit will minus your HP and when your HP is done, you are out of the catching mode.
  5. Every catch would need a trap and although you can make your trap (take time and used of free game coins) or spin on the dimension door (like Pokestop), it is very likely if you catch regularly you still would be lack of traps.
Ghost or Monsters?
In the game, there are quite a variety of Ghosts in the game. Some are from different culture which is interesting.

Here is an example of the catch mode which I am catching a Chinese Ghost (actually more to be Zombie in Chinese History) which is quite good.


While the variety of Ghosts is good, some of them are more like Monsters than classic Ghosts.

PVP and Story Mission
The reason you catch ghost is to train them to take on other ghost. That give you reason to power up your Ghost but it is not for free. Any rise in Ranking would require some items which you get by giving up some Ghosts or getting reward from.

You can also choose not to play those mode as you can go about catching

There are also Raid like PokemonGo for Ghostbusters World but I have not encounter one for my day 1 as I am hardly near one. Will give my thoughts on that when I tried that.


That's my review for now. Will update more when more interesting happen.

Read my Beginner tips for Ghostbusters World







No comments:

Post a Comment